Student's Name _________________________________
Parent's Signature _______________________________ The test will be October ______.
1. Which two planets in our solar system are farthest from our sun?
Neptune and Pluto
2. How long does it take the moon to orbit around the Earth? about one month or about 30 days
3. The light we receive from the moon is light reflected off of the moon from the sun.
4. It takes about 365 days or about one year for the Earth to orbit around the sun.
5. What causes the seasons on Earth? The seasons on Earth are caused by the rotation of the Earth on its axis at a 23.5 degrees tilt and its orbit around the sun.
6. Short answer question - Describe the surface of the moon.
7. The first landing on the moon took place in July of 1969.
8. An orbit is the closed path of one object around another.
9. The name of our solar system is the Milky Way.
10. Meteorites are parts of relatively large meteoroids that survive passage through the atmosphere and falls to the surface of planets as a mass of metal or stone.
11. Be able to put a list of the names of the planets in order. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto
12. What causes the Earth to have day and night? The rotation of the Earth on its axis while it orbits around the sun causes the Earth to have night and day.
13. How long does it take for the Earth to rotate on its axis? about 24 hours
Be able to identify the different phases of the moon.
New Moon Waxing Crescent First Quarter Waxing Gibbon Full Moon
Waning Gibbon Last Quarter Waning Crescent